WordCamp Nairobi is set for the 1st and 2nd of December.
We do love the WordPress community that is vastly growing around the continent. Volunteers help WordCamp to run smoothly and we need volunteers for this year’s WordCamp Nairobi 2016 to bring out their positivist. We give priority to our members, but you don’t necessarily have to be involved with WordPress as we would also love if you come and learn one or two things as a volunteer.
What to expect?
Volunteers will get a free ticket to the two-day event, a free t-shirt. One needs to be able to volunteer for at least 6 hours per day. Also, the exposure and the amazing experience of participating in the worlds most looked upon WordCamp event.
We need a total of 14 volunteers.
- 2 volunteers for each room
- Help with the equipment.
- Any other assigned duties. (need more chairs, Visitor needs assistant.)
- 2 volunteers at the registration desk.
- You will have to arrive an hour earlier before the registration open to help in setup.
- Make sure the registration desk is neat and clean.
- Make sure walk ins pay at the gate.
- If someone is not at the attendance page write down their name and be able to make a tag for them at the next table.
- 1 volunteer for handing out t-shirts to the guests.
- Make sure area is neat and clean.
- T-shirt Sizes cannot be traded; visitors will only get the size they registered with.
- Have a list of attendees and their shirt size.
- Once handing out the t-shirts, tick off the name from the list.
- 1 volunteer for ushering the guests to the main room.
- Be able to direct the guests well in case they have any queries.
- 2 volunteers for guiding in catering during meal times.
- Oversee the set up and clean up.
- Ensure the meal area is neat and clean.
- 3 MC volunteers.
- Help set up the speakers’ equipment.
- Engage the guests in any way possible to make them feel comfortable.
- 1 volunteer to ensure everything is in order.
- Confirm if all the other volunteers are doing what they were assigned to deal with.
- Oversee the cleanliness of bathrooms.
- Ensure speakers are ready and they have everything they need.
To be a volunteer we require you to be energetic, to smile a lot and adhere to WordCamp Nairobi’s Code of Conduct.
That’s it. Are you up for it? if yes, fill the form below to get started.
Volunteer Positions are already filled.
Check out all of the official details, sign up (ask any questions you have) and we’ll see you in December 8th and 9th, 2016.